A lady was cleaning the room with a disinfectant, and suddenly she rushed to open the door leaving the bottle on the floor itself. Her 1 year old child waking up from his sleep came running and without realizing what is in the bottle drank it. And as expected he became sick and succumbed to death because of the poisonous chemical which he had taken by mistake
The whole family, relatives and neighborhood blamed the mother, called her various names, and left no stones unturned to make her life miserable because a life was lost because of her carelessness.
Even the mother was blaming her self and admitting the responsibilty for the loss of her child and she was ready for any punishment either by the law or the society itself. She was completely shattered
But the husband stood like a rock behind his wife, like a pillar on her side and like a punch bag absorbing the shock which was being meted out his wife. Someone asked him, how he can be so cool, forgiving and generous towards his wife who was responsible for the loss of his only child?
I was stunned by the reply given by the husband and I would like to share it with all. He said, “How can I say anything to her,
1. This was not her fault at all. She was not aware that the child will wake up and will drink the disinfectant.
2. No parent in his/her senses would consciously or even unconsciously do something which will cost his /her child’s life. It is not a question whether it is the only child or one amongst many. She did not do this intentionally.
3. She is already suffering. It is not that she is happy with what has happened. By abusing her or calling her names or making her feel guilty why increase her pain more?
4. Her loss is more than anyone else’s. her loss is inconsolable She is the mother. She has lost her child. Nothing in the world can compensate for the loss .She has to bear the pain all through her life. I will go to office and under pressure of my work I will overcome the grief but she will be at home the whole day. She will be the one who will have to take care of all his things, toys, his personal belongings etc. she will be missing him more than any one else.
5. We are a family. We both have lost our child and it is a joint pain which we both have to come to terms with. We have taken the vows to be with each other in all walks of life so how can I desert her at this stage when she needs my support the most? So how can I or any one blame her”
I would say hats off to such an understanding, caring and loving husband.
God forbids any thing similar happens in our life then how many of us would have thought in these lines? I am sure most of us would jump at the first chance to blame someone for anything which doesn’t give us satisfaction or which causes pain to us. It is so easy to relive oneself from shouldering the responsibility and make some innocent persons guilty
It is a very common to find husbands blaming their wives for anything that happens in the house, be it child’s failure, business loss, sickness in the family or any other crisis. The wife is held responsible for all the mishappenings in the family BUT rarely she will be praised or her contribution would be acknowledged if something commendable happens in the family.
Why don’t they realize that no woman/wife/mother will do anything which would be detrimental to the peace of the family? She will neither obstruct the growth of her loved ones nor will she ever dream of causing pain to any family member.
I think we must all learn a lesson from this gentleman who deserves a standing ovation for his thoughtfulness, his humane nature, his considerate and positive attitude and his feelings for his wife.