Saturday, May 23, 2009

what is there in a name?

I distinctly remember those précis writing exercises during my school days. I could answer all the questions but when it came to giving a heading or title to the paragraph I used to strike against a wall. Ideas for a title just didn’t flow.

I used to think that with the passage of time and as I grow more mature, more constructive, more knowledgeable I will overcome this hitch but then, nothing has changed even now as far as branding something with a suitable title is concerned.

That is the main reason I am often faced with a stumbling block every time I try to post something.

Although I have a somewhat fertile mind as far as the subject matter and flow of idea is concerned but then the big question what title to give? And then I just save the excreta of my mind in some folder and try to forget it till the time I get something apt for my impressions

Shakespeare said “"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”

So if I follow him then I should not bother about the name but just go on penning my thoughts ( actually it is not penning but typing) What matters is what something is, not what it is called. so it is what is written in the text portion which will matter and not how and what I decorate it with?

But then this is the world of brands, eye catching packageing will pull people from all corners.

If attractive name is not given then who will read what I have written. After all proper marketing is the essence of the day.

Giving apt names is not only limited to posts but in our day to day life also we tend to put everything in proper compartments with proper names in it, be it relations or material things.
If a relation between two human beings is not given a proper name then the relation is looked down upon by the whole world. As soon as it is given label it becomes acceptable to all sundry.

A commodity in the market will not be saleable if it is not tagged properly. This is an era of decorating your merchandise with suitable appellation.

Now the big question is how do I adorn my posts? Without garnishing who will get attracted to my blog?

So now what do I do? Stop posting on my blog or wait for some miracle to happen and some external powers to come to my rescue or just let my thoughts flow and brand them as MY THOUGHTS 1, 2, 3 -------------so on and so forth?
Come on all my blogging buddies, save me from the this dilemma . rescue me from the clutches of coronation of my posts.

3 comments:

ZB said...

unknowingly or knowingly , you have rocked on this post. If you call this a dilemma what do you call my posts?:)))

As i am a new blogger myself, i am in no position to provide advices. nevertheless, i feel once you are into the blogging grove, things would effortlessly come to you. i feel you should increase your frequency, at least in the beginning. And of course read the blogs of others. Cheeers Anju!!

ZB said...

*rocked in this post*- typo errr

rameez said...

Ditto!!!
I have trouble naming my posts too! Which is why I just give the dates on which I publish them and all..

To save you from the dilemma, hmm, put a big label in the opening page of your blog which says, "Some Untitled Musings" or something.. :)

keep them coming anyway.
Cheers!

Post a Comment